Welcome to Oxford University Global Surgery Group (OUGSG), a group of clinicians and researchers based in Oxford working together to contribute to the provision of high quality surgical care globally, particularly in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- To promote, advocate for and advise on best practice in Global Surgery particularly in the fields of research and training.
- To work closely and under local guidance of colleagues in LMICs
- To provide a forum for meaningful networking between those actively engaged in and those seeking opportunities in global surgery
OUGSG is affiliated to the four Oxford University departments that have an interest in global surgery, namely:
- Nuffield Department of Surgery (NDS) > Global Surgery at NDS
- Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences (NDORMS) > Global Surgery at NDORMS
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences (NDCN)
- Nuffield Department of Women's and Reproductive Health (NDWRH)
Our lead contacts for each department are:
Prof Kokila Lakhoo (NDS)
Prof Chris Lavy (NDORMS)
Dr Hilary Edgcombe (NDCN)
Dr Anita Makins (NDWRH)
The group web pages are hosted by NDORMS and the administration of the group is shared between NDS and NDORMS.
To join our mailing list, please email email@example.com.
Oxford University Global Surgery Group