Members of the Oxford University Global Surgery Group have supported the following training activities and resources.
OUGSG Education projects & resources
- Africa Clubfoot Training - Professor Chris Lavy
- Anaesthesia in Developing Countries course - Dr Hilary Edgcombe
- FIGO PPIUD Project - Dr Anita Makins
- Global Musculoskeletal on The Global Health Network
- Oxford Global Surgery course – 10-14 September 2018
- Zimbabwe Orthopaedic training
OUGSG faculty Prof Kokila Lakhoo is involved as course organizer / faculty on the following paediatric surgery courses:
Hugh Greenwood Neonatal Skills course - run by the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Hugh Greenwood BAPS skills course for Neonatal Surgery - run every two years, attached to the Pan African Association of Pediatric Surgeons
- Hugh Greenwood Paediatric Surgical Skills Masterclass for General Surgeons - this is run as a COSECSA FCS exam preparation course annually, led by Professor Eric Borgstein. The 2017 course was held at Mercy James Institute for Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care (children's hospital in Blantyre set up by Madonna / Raising Malawi). Oxford faculty sponsor two COSECSA surgical trainees annually for this course. 2018 dates to be announced.
Oxford University Global Surgery Group welcomes Oxford Academic Foundation Programme doctors who would like to incorporate Global Surgery & Anaesthesia as part of their studies. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Apply for the Oxford AFP: Oxford University Clinical Academic Graduate School
Find out more about Special Study Modules in Global Surgery
Oxford University Global Surgery Group