These are some of the research projects undertaken by Oxford University Global Surgery Group members.
- SURG Africa - EU Horizon 2020 project
- Zambia theatre team study - Dr Tinashe Chandauka
- Clubfoot research
- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery in Africa
- Piloting newly designed Perioperative checklist (Oxford Tanzania Link)
- Harnessing medical student power in global surgery research (Oxplore: Oxford Medical Students Department of Paediatric Surgery and Global Paediatric Surgery)
- Tanzanian Tumour Project: a pilot investigating surgery-associated morbidity and mortality in children with intra-abdominal solid tumours . (Oxford Tanzania Collaboration)
- Quality Improvement Project with medical officers (Oxford- Lilongwe Malawi Collaboration)
Carnegie Fellowship: Developing Research Hub in Paediatric Surgery (Oxford – Johannesburg, South Africa collaboration)
- South to South Training (Oxford- Africa project) Soft funding to train paediatric surgeons from Africa in training hubs in Africa
- Hub and spoke multi-disciplinary training of rural teams in India in children’s surgery
RCS Global Surgical Frontiers 2018 Poster Prize
Congratulations to Max Denning, Hannah Palacci, Charlotte Pallett, Joanna Klaptocz & Chris Lavy on winning the poster prize at the RCS Global Surgical Frontiers on 15 June 2018.
Oxford University Global Surgery Group