Rodrigues Group | Measurement Science and clinical studies
The foundation of this group’s work is understanding and improving how we measure outcomes in clinical studies. We aim to deploy our outputs and use our knowledge and experience in high quality clinical studies and applications that measure what really matters.
Aims and objectives
Our aim is to optimise the tools used to measure outcomes in hand and plastic surgery, so that studies and other processes that use them are fit for purpose.
Our objectives include:
- Developing new outcome measures and refining existing ones
- Assessing the validity, reliability, responsiveness and interpretability of outcome measures, especially patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs)
- Undertaking relevant evidence synthesis
- Designing and conducting clinical research that harnesses the above points
- Developing solutions that use optimised measurement and are both data-driven and meaningful to patients, clinicians and other stakeholders