Assessment for awards from the Medical Sciences Graduate School Studentship Competition 2021
Candidates are assessed using the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated ability to contribute scientifically taking career stage into account.
Evidence of research experience and ability (e.g. participation in research projects, references from project supervisor(s), presentations given, contributions to publications)
- Statement of purpose with a clearly articulated and persuasive rationale for the choice of project(s)/programme;
- Research proposal which clearly and persuasively demonstrates the importance of the work they are planning to do and their vision for completing it successfully
If a candidate has experience of public engagement or outreach work this may also be relevant.
2. Academic achievement given their stage of study and taking into account various indicators of academic excellence.
Contextual and other data which help to guide the assessment of applications include:
- Level of opportunity
- Any awards/prizes/scholarships received
- Relevant working experience
- Notable extracurricular achievements