Trueta Bursary Information and Application Form
The Health Data Sciences section of the Botnar Research Centre is delighted to offer a total of 5 Trueta bursaries for our residential 1-week summer school in Real World Evidence at Oxford. These bursaries will cover free attendance to our Oxford Summer School 2023: Real World Evidence using the OMOP Common Data Model and accommodation (including breakfast and dinner) in Lady Margaret Hall facilities for the duration of the course (Monday 19th to Friday 23rd of June, 2023).
These bursaries are named after Professor Josep Trueta, who fled Spain as a refugee after the Spanish civil war and became an international lead in surgical sciences and Head of our Department at the University of Oxford). You can learn more about Professor Trueta here.
To be eligible for these bursaries, you need to have completed previous training in a field relevant to health data sciences*, and to fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a refugee, stateless person, or asylum seeker, or been otherwise forcibly displaced within or outside your region or country of origin
- Residence in a low/middle-income country as defined by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), listed here: https://wellcome.org/grant-funding/guidance/low-and-middle-income-countries
- UK residents from a low income background, as defined by the Department of Work and Pensions: https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/work-pay-and-benefits/pay-and-income/people-in-low-income-households/latest
- Current post-graduate (MSc or PhD) student
We particularly encourage applications from people from ethnicities under-represented in the field of health data sciences, and from people with current or recent caring responsibilities.
Applicants to these bursaries should submit the following through our applications link https://forms.office.com/e/YVftGY8pxM
- A motivation letter explaining why they want the bursary, and how attending this Summer School will impact their career prospects
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- At least one and no more than two references or support letters from recent or current academic or professional supervisor/s or manager/s
* Fields relevant to health data sciences, include mathematical sciences, biological sciences, medical sciences, pharmacy, engineering, statistics, informatics, and epidemiology