Head of IT Support
I am here to help you be able to achieve excellent research, so please do ask me for any help, or for anything you would like to see improved - there are no silly questions. If you do ever see something incorrect on our intranet, or would like to add or suggest something (e.g. a tip, a missing piece of help information) to the IT areas, please do let me know. I want this to a helpful and useful area for you!
How to get in contact with me or the IT Team
- Please do pop down into the IT office
- Our IT ticket system is a great way to contact us as the tickets are monitored by multiple people
- Give me a call
- Drop me a Teams message
- Stop me if you see me around (look for the rainbow hair!)
- Book in a time using our shared calendar
- A Botnar IT section for items like installing printers, or BRC specific lecture and meeting rooms
- A Kennedy IT Section for items like installing printers, or KIR specific lecture and meeting rooms
- A Software section for site licensed software, which I manage
- Items like using the VPN and connecting to eduroam are on our WFH/working wirelessly pages
- Mobile phone setup
- How to set up your home network
- Ensuring updating your computer goes smoothly
For interesting or helpful tips, check out news items like our IT top tips, a method of ensuring bulletin emails arrive in your mailbox and not being flagged as spam, information about R12, see our ever expanding tips and tricks page, or even non-IT items like the mobile bike mechanic or the NDORMS Glossary.
This page has plenty of good advice on how to lock your bike securely.
I run and play a variety of tabletop games, so if you are ever interested in joining/trying out a game, come find me for a chat!