UK EQUATOR Centre Publication School November 2019
Thursday, 07 November 2019 to Friday, 08 November 2019, 9am - 5pm
Botnar Research Centre, University of Oxford
Email Caroline Struthers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to reserve your place!
This course is for early career researchers and students
It covers all you need to know to plan for publication and write up your health-related research study. It focuses on the use of reporting guidelines such as CONSORT and STROBE to maximise the transparency and usability of your research.
You will experience two intense days of learning led by methodological and writing experts from the UK EQUATOR Centre and the Centre for Statistics in Medicine. We will use group work, discussion, and practical writing exercises to reinforce learning.
- The importance of publishing responsibly
- Introduction to reporting guidelines
- Matching study designs with reporting guidelines
- Writing the methods and results
- Good statistical reporting
- Writing the introduction and discussion
- Writing the title and abstract
- Writing and publishing protocols (including the reporting guidelines SPIRIT and PRISMA-P)
- Good writing style
- Summarising your research for different audiences
- Choosing a journal and avoiding predators
Thursday 7 to Friday 8 November 2019
The course will take place in the Botnar Research Centre, NDORMS, at the University of Oxford. A typical day will run from 9am to 5pm. Fees include lunch, refreshments, and course materials.
£50 for members of NDORMS and Oxford University students (incl. Brookes)
£95 for Oxford University staff (incl. Brookes)
£195 for external applicants (limited places)