UK EQUATOR Centre Publication School
Fit for purpose: The secrets of success in writing, publishing, and disseminating research articles
Thursday 11 - Friday 12 April 2019
Thursday 13 - Friday 14 June 2019
Thursday 7 - Friday 8 November 2019
Jam-packed with really practical tips and ideas - June 2018 participant
This course covers all you need to know to plan for publication and write up your health-related research study. It focuses on the use of reporting guidelines such as CONSORT and STROBE to maximise the transparency and usability of your research.
You will experience two intense days of learning led by methodological and writing experts from the UK EQUATOR Centre and the Centre for Statistics in Medicine. We will use group work, discussion, and practical writing exercises to reinforce learning.
Excellent scope - right the way from authorship and journal selection to submission/peer review/dissemination - not just the bits in the middle! - June 2018 participant
- The importance of publishing responsibly
- Introduction to reporting guidelines
- Matching study designs with reporting guidelines
- Writing the methods and results
- Good statistical reporting
- Writing the introduction and discussion
- Writing the title and abstract
- Writing and publishing protocols (including the reporting guidelines SPIRIT and PRISMA-P)
- Good writing style
- Summarising your research for different audiences
- Choosing a journal and avoiding predators
The next Publication School will take place Thursday 11 - Friday 12 April 2019 in the Botnar Research Centre, NDORMS, at the University of Oxford.
A typical day runs from 9am to 5pm. Fees include lunch, refreshments, and course materials.
Register now by emailing Caroline Struthers (email@example.com).
Should be obligatory for all those starting out a PhD - June 2018 participant
£50 for members of NDORMS and students from the University of Oxford and Oxford Brookes
£95 for staff of the University of Oxford and Oxford Brookes
£195 for external/commercial applicants (limited places)