A day in the life of a trial manager
30 October 2019
- Battle through Oxford traffic to get to work
- But first…coffee!
- Log on and check/reply to emails
- Review calendar and create to do list
- Organise and post/email patient follow-up questionnaires
- Catch up on SOP training
- Check trial calendar for monthly central monitoring tasks e.g. delegation log requests/review; drug accountability
- Answer phone call from site Research Nurse about a potential SAE. Follow up with Chief Investigator for clinical advice. Relay advice to site and remind them of reporting timelines.
- More coffee and a healthy mid-morning snack (x3 Chocolate Hobnobs).
- Create a Doodle Poll to send to the Data Safety Monitoring Committee. Await results.
- Create agenda for Trial Management Group meeting next week and circulate to attendees.
- Begin creating Investigator Site Files for future Site Initiation Visits.
- Just before lunch organise office activity, this week: The Great British Bake Off Sweepstake. Rule: if your baker is eliminated, the following week you have to bake the bake your baker baked (and bring it into the office).
- Gather in the communal area with colleagues.
- Post-lunch Chocolate Hobnob.
- Data Management meeting. Today’s agenda: status of data entry and site queries; upcoming changes to the database; preparations for upcoming data lock.
- Make a peppermint tea (sadly, no Chocolate Hobnobs left).
- Catch up on emails received during Data Management meeting.
- Update Data Management Plan according to what was discussed in meeting.
- Finish Investigator Site Files.
- Collect the post and log anything received.
- Check calendar and create to do list for tomorrow.
- Office quote of the week: *sadly, not appropriate for public viewing!*
- Home time