- 2015 Hunterian Professor, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- 2014 Ronald Raven Prize, British Association of Surgical Oncology, Anninga B & Douek M.
- 2004 Distinguished Teacher Award, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London
- 2003 Distinguished Teacher Award, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London
- 2003 Clinician Scientist Research Fellowship (Academy of Medical Sciences): awarded full funding for three years at senior lecturer / consultant level
- 2002 Moynihan Travelling Fellowship for 2003
The Rosetrees Royal College of Surgeons of England Director of SITU
- Professor of Surgical Sciences & Breast Cancer
- Honorary Consultant
Professor Michael Douek joined the University of Oxford in March 2019 as The Rosetrees Royal College of Surgeons of England Director of the Surgical Interventional Trials Unit (SITU), within the Nuffield Department of Surgery, Professor of Surgical Sciences & Breast Cancer and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
He is also Visiting Professor of Surgical Oncology at King’s College London and Visiting Professor of Surgery at the University of Hong Kong. He is an oncoplastic breast surgeon and his research focuses on developing and evaluating novel techniques for cancer surgery, including a novel magnetic technique for sentinel node biopsy and lesion localization, which he developed. In 2015, he was awarded a prestigious Hunterian Professorship by the Royal College of Surgeons of England and in 2019 he was appointed as one of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Research Professors.
Michael is a Member of Council of Breast Surgery International (BSI), Meetings Secretary of the British Association of Surgical Oncology (BASO) and a committee member of the British Breast Group. He is also an examiner for the European Board of Surgery examinations.
Wilsen CB. et al, (2023), Abdominal radiology
Douek ML. and Lu DSK., (2022), Ajr. american journal of roentgenology, 219
Jozsa F. et al, (2022), Jmir perioper med, 5
Hu TX. et al, (2022), Thyroid, 32, 905 - 916
Christenhusz A. et al, (2022), Eur radiol exp, 6