|Tel||+44 (0)1865 737416|
Maria Granell Moreno
Equality and Diversity Advisor
Developing action plans aimed at improving gender balance in NDORMS and assisting departmental applications for Athena SWAN awards. This includes:
- Acting as a guide and advisor both on the Athena SWAN process and how the gender balance could be improved.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practice across MSD departments and the broader University. Ensure that the lessons learned during the application process are also shared, including developing and maintaining a web-based bank of information
- Presenting the departmental data sets to the Head of Department and Athena SWAN working group.
- Coordinating the NDORMS Athena SWAN Self Assessment Team
- Developing and monitoring SMART (Specific-Measurable-Achievable-Realistic-Time-bound) action plans to address gender imbalances including proposals for policy and culture change at departmental level.
I have a LLB in Law from Pompeu Fabra University of Barcelona, and an MSc in Mediation, Conflict management and resolution from Barcelona University. I worked as a community and family mediator from 2006 for Terrassa, Sitges and St Pere de Ribes City Councils for 6 years before joining the department in 2012.
I am also an Accredited Workplace Mediator.