Our postgraduate research programme provides a fully integrated training environment and you will engage in a thorough skills training programme which includes a range of workshops and seminars in transferable skills, generic research skills and specific research techniques.
Students undertake a core curriculum in the first term of year 1 to provide a solid foundation in musculoskeletal sciences, inflammation, immunology and data analysis.
The taught component of the DPhil and MSc by research at NDORMS is a compact course that introduces the widely disparate fields interfacing in joint research programmes within the Department.
During the first two weeks of their DPhil/MSc by research, students attend lectures and are introduced to academic staff working across the breadth of research areas present at NDORMS.
Teachers on the course are experts from the NDORMS Clinical teams, Botnar Research Centre, and Kennedy Institute and include young investigators (indicated YI in program).
Attendance and options
- Student Induction - Monday 5th October 2020
- Research Strategy / Ethics Session - half day, Tuesday 6th October 2020.
- Introductory Core Lectures - 1 week, mornings only - Monday 12th - Friday 16th October 2020
- Statistics Module; either Designing Clinical Research and Biostatistics or Experimental Design
- Specialist Module schedule TBC.