NDORMS DPhil & MSc by Research
Our postgraduate research programme provides a fully integrated training environment and you will engage in a thorough skills training programme which includes a range of workshops and seminars in transferable skills, generic research skills and specific research techniques.
Students undertake a core curriculum in the first term of year 1 to provide a solid foundation in musculoskeletal sciences, inflammation, immunology and data analysis.
The taught component of the DPhil and MSc by research at NDORMS is a compact course that introduces the widely disparate fields interfacing in joint research programmes within the Department.
During the first two weeks of their DPhil/MRes, students attend lectures and are introduced to academic staff working across the breadth of research areas present at NDORMS.
Teachers on the course are experts from the NDORMS Clinical teams, Botnar Research Centre, and Kennedy Institute and include young investigators (indicated YI in program).
Attendance and options
- Student Induction - Monday 7th October 2019
- Research Strategy / Ethics Session - half day, Tuesday 8th October 2019
- Introductory Core Lectures - 1 week, mornings only - Monday 14th - Friday 18th October 2019
- Statistics module - offered termly
- Students must also select a minimum of three monthly Specialist Modules (November - June).
- Each module is a half-day session (mornings).